- Remember that face mask against Daunte Culpepper in the Panthers game that didn't draw a penalty? Well, it drew Panthers linebacker Jon Beason a $5,000 fine.
- Drew Stanton said this about the hit that led to his concussion during Sunday's game:
As for the hit by Tampa Bay's Jimmy Wilkerson, Stanton admitted Monday, "It felt brutal."Stanton will not likely suit up for Thursday's game, which is why quarterback Drew Henson was signed to the active roster on Monday.
"But I never lost consciousness or anything like that," he said. "I was kind of just groggy and a little bit out of it. I feel good today. My head's clear. My neck's a little bit sore, but that's to be expected with kind of the whiplash that occurred. ...
"When I got hit, I thought maybe it just shook the cobwebs up a little bit. But it never really calmed down. And at that point the physicians came over and evaluated me and it wasn't in my best interest to go back out there.
- Former Lions defensive tackle Luther Ellis and his wife have eleven kids -- five of their own and six that are adopted.
- Dave Birkett recently shared his thoughts on Martin Mayhew and the general manager situation.
- Tom Kowalski doesn't believe that Rod Marinelli should be fired yet. I agree since there is no point to fire him right now. We're already about to be 12 games into the season, so the Lions might as well let him finish coaching this mess for the rest of the year. Besides, no one on the coaching staff is competent to take over as the head coach anyways.
- The Lions are the perfect team to play after losing your first game of the season, as the Titans will find out this Thursday.
- The Lions' losing ways are causing their fans do some strange things, including wrestling shirtless in a parking lot following the loss to the Buccaneers.