Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Lions have compiled a list of five candidates for the general manager job.
The list, we're told, includes former Packers G.M. Ron Wolf, former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi, former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly, former Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, and Chiefs V.P. of player personnel Bill Kuharich, who previously served as G.M. of the Saints.Although any of those people would be an upgrade over Matt Millen and probably an upgrade over Martin Mayhew, I'm not exactly enthused with the list the Lions reportedly put together. Someone like Scott Pioli should be the leading candidate for the job, regardless of whether or not he would actually take it. Instead, though, it looks like the Lions are going hire someone old school, as PFT put it.
- Also via PFT, Adam Schefter apparently reported that the Lions will be at risk of losing their annual Thanksgiving game during next March's league meetings.
- As mentioned in the recap of the Titans game, Jason Hanson tied Morton Anderson's record for the most field goals from 50+ yards on Thanksgiving.
- The Free Press made a comparison between the 2003 Tigers and the 2008 Lions. The '03 Tigers, as you may remember, were on the cusp of having the worst record in the history of Major League Baseball. Somehow, though, they managed to win 5 of their last 6 games to avoid being called the worst ever. The hot streak at the end of the season came after they lost 17 of their previous 18 games. Right now, the Lions have lost 19 of their last 20 games.
- LenDale White laughed at the Lions and used some inappropriate language after a big run during the Thanksgiving game.
- I'm not exactly sure what is going on in this video, but it involves a Lions fan getting kicked off a bus for some reason.
- Plaxico Burress is an idiot. He is now facing a criminal possession of a weapon charge after accidentally shooting himself in the thigh Friday night. I'd be willing to bet he never plays for the Giants again after this latest incident, as they were already getting sick of his off the field antics.