- Though he is still learning, quarterback Drew Stanton showed some signs that he was reverting back to his old habits during yesterday's minicamp practice.
- Ernie Sims had to have offseason surgery to repair an injured shoulder. He didn't divulge too many details, but did say that he played with it "probably about half the season."
- Mike O'Hara posted some great notes on the practice in his Lions' blog.
- Caleb Campbell finished exams at Army on Tuesday and then got on the football field for practice on Wednesday.
- Slot receivers Shaun McDonald and Mike Furrey both had breakout seasons when playing in the Mike Martz offense these last two seasons. Since the Martz offense uses slot receivers so much, it should come as no surprise that both did so well. Now that the Lions are shifting their focus to running the ball more, though, one has to wonder what happens to guys like McDonald and Furrey. Although there were trade rumors involving McDonald possibly being shipped to San Francisco to join Martz, nothing ever really materialized.
When asked about his role in the new offense, McDonald did say that he doesn't expect to be used as much anymore. Colletto basically said the same thing as he mentioned that their numbers likely will diminish in 2008.
- IGN went hands-on with Madden 09, and I have to say, this year's game looks like it is going to be amazing. The look inside the stadium is greatly improved, there are new features and a better atmosphere, and there are actually good announcers this year. Although the game doesn't hit stores until mid-August, the anticipation already is building.