- The Lions practiced in shells on the outdoor field yesterday.
- Tatum Bell really hates Mike Martz and loves the Lions' new commitment to running the ball. He better start having more success when running the ball or he won't get a chance to be part of that commitment come the regular season.
- Five of the Lions' seven sacks this preseason have been by rookie defensive linemen.
- Fullback Jerome Felton is impressing players and coaches on the field, and off it he is very, very intelligent.
- According to Rod Marinelli, Jason Hanson has been limited to stretching in practice. Marinelli went on to say that he is "getting a little work," and that his target return is this week. I certainly hope that's the case.
- Rod Marinelli isn't sharing his starting linebacker plans with anyone just yet.
- As long as the Lions win, Roy Williams has no problem with Calvin Johnson catching more passes than him.
- I wholeheartedly agree with Philip Zaroo from MLive; I'll gladly drink to Kyle Orton being the Bears' starting quarterback.
- Brian Kelly and Rod Marinelli get along quite well.
- Game On, a blog on the USA Today's website, thinks the Lions are one of five teams that were under .500 last year that will "take a leap forward in 2008."
- Along with Derek Anderson, these five Cleveland Browns are not expected to play against the Lions on Saturday:
Running back Jamal Lewis (hamstring), receiver Braylon Edwards (foot), kick returner Josh Cribbs (ankle), safety Brodney Pool (concussion) and linebacker Willie McGinest (groin) also didn't practice.If Anderson doesn't play that means we'll get to see a lot of Brady Quinn. That means I'll have to get ready to boo until I can't boo anymore because I hate Brady Quinn. My hate for him stems from his days at Notre Dame, and I'll just leave it at that.
The Pride of Detroit overflow fantasy football league still has two spots open, so if you want to be in it leave a comment and I'll send you details of how to sign up.
UPDATE: The league is now full.