I'm going to be away from a computer tonight, so if there is any breaking news an update will have to wait. You can talk about all of the latest news in the comments section, so I'm sure you will be aware of anything that happens thanks to other users on the site.
With that being said, here is a quick update on the latest:
- The Patriots have traded quarterback Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs. According to SI's Peter King, Mike Vrabel is part of this trade, and all the Chiefs gave up to acquire the two players was their second-round pick (#34 overall). That is pretty unbelievable. I've never been on the Cassel bandwagon, but for only a second-round pick, that is a steal for sure, especially since Vrabel is part of the deal.
- Maurice Morris is now in Detroit and will probably meet with the media sometime later today.
- Kurt Warner's agent has talked with the 49ers.
- The Rams signed center Jason Brown.
- Bart Scott did end up signing with the Jets.