1. Matthew Stafford,QB,Georgia
-I would honestly rather have Curry but I think that the Lions would rather have Stafford and he wants to go #1 badly enough that he takes the first reasonable contract offer
We call NE and tell them that we are going to draft Darius Butler,CB,UConn so they trade us #23 and #47
23. Brian Cushing,LB,USC
-He is a freak, a gym rat, a complete football player. Scouts say he has the ability to play MLB,OLB,and rush end. I think he could play MLB for us.
33. Evander "Ziggy" Hood, DT,Missouri
-We lost both Redding and Rogers in consecutive years and Jackson and Darby are not the answer. With our LBs being our strongest group on defense, the DT is extremely important.
47. Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
- The Lions are in need of getting more talent and getting younger DBs, Alphonso Smith may be the steal of the 2nd round. This pick can push Henry to FS.
65. Paul Krueger, DE, Utah
-DLine help is critical for this team. Krueger reminds me Jared Allen with his non stop motor and his ability to get to the QB
82. TJ Lang, OT, EMU
-A team cannot invest 70+ million in a QB and not use a draft pick on protecting him
Trade #174 and Drew Stanton to Buffalo for #110(4th round)
110. Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest
-A big,fast, very hard hitting safety who will finally bring fear into the eyes of recievers going across the middle
192. Corey Irvin, DE/DT, Georgia
-A big DLineman who can play either spot, which is very well needed for skill and depth
255. Deon Butler, WR, Penn State
-He would be incredible value here, extremely fast, would want to see the Lions take the fastest,most athletic person to return kicks and maybe land a contract