- The Lions' three-day rookie minicamp begins today. So far the team hasn't released a list of who will participate in the minicamp, but I'm sure one will be out shortly.
- The Lions have promoted Sheldon White to vice president of pro personnel. He was the director of pro personnel prior to his promotion, where he was in charge of the scouts that looked at NFL players. He held that position beginning in 2000.
- Charlie Sanders seems like he is going to serve as a mentor for Brandon Pettigrew. Sanders also relayed a saying that is a perfect comparison to the Lions.
"I will do it with anybody," Sanders said. "This is my home. This is my team. It might not be the best, but it is mine. Don't disrespect it. It is kind of like the old saying. 'Hey that is my wife. She might be ugly, but she is mine. Don't disrespect her.' "Hopefully this year's draft, new front office, and new coaching staff is like a bunch of plastic surgery that will make the wife beautiful again.
- Kevin Carter, a free agent defensive end who visited the Lions earlier this week, is going to make a decision about where he wants to play sometime in the near future.
- The NFL Network was supposed to be removed from Comcast's lineup beginning at midnight, but apparently things are looking better in their negotiations. Comcast has decided to keep NFL Network alive on its system for now as negotiations continue. I was all set to cancel the sports tier, as the only reason I even have it is for NFL Network. Considering how quality of a channel it is, they ought to move it to the non-digital cable package. I would gladly trade one of the crappy channels I never watch for it.
- Chris Spielman is a 2009 College Football Hall of Fame inductee.
- Shaun McDonald signed with the Steelers.
- Why did a plane fly from Minneapolis to Brett Favre's hometown?