I like the direction that the Lions are heading. The Roy trade and several of the minor trades seem to have worked well. That said I want to be objective regarding his two drafts and a few other items at the top of my head.
1. I want to love Staff, but he is yet unproven. Hate me and I hope that I am wrong but poor stats last year and much injured.
1. Grew - Looks amazing - Thanks Dallas great Mayhew deal
3. Levy and Williams - Levy is great if he can get on the field, which could be a short career. Williams maybe was taken too early.
4. Sammy Lee - Can you believe he is a backup
6. Brown - might be a bust buy many 6th rounders are
7. Follet - Gotta love this guy.
While a decent draft I do not see any studs at least not yet.
1. Suh - This had better have been the obvious pick
1. Best - This could be a good move I like him
3. Speivey - The book said he was slow we should have listened. Tell me he will be a good safety then we should have drafted a safety.
I did not like the Sims deal and still don't, even though he over pursues. I didn't think we should have let Foote go to rely on Levy and now this seems like a bad deal. We passed on Cromartie for the cost of a Speivey.
The good, Corey Williams, Smith, Bosch, and maybe Nate.
My point is that while these moves are way better than the Millen era I think that outside of the Roy deal I have not seen anything that was amazing. I think the DL buildup is all Schwartz.