Now i have been looking around the NFL for some time now to see who the lions could pick up in this off season in order to improve the team. Whether it be players who's contracts are up and will be free agents or unhappy campers who want out with their current team and will most likely not be with them next year so here are some ideas i would love to hear your thoughts.
1. First off I know he is not the most popular player in the league right now but i think he would make our defensive line one of the best in the league. Im talking about Albert Haynesworth. Now bear with me for a sec while i explain this seemingly crazy idea. The guy is a two time all pro and is dominant when he is on the field. You never heard any of these things that are going on with him in D.C. when he was with the titans He wasn't being forced to play a position he is not comfortable with. The link you ask coach shwartz. He knows how to handle Albert and will keep him happy. He will get to play in the same defense he was successful in while he was with the Titans and the majority of his crazy contract has already been paid so if they release him (which they are likely to do or trade him for whatever they can get maybe a 7th) we can get another stud D tackle to help teach Suh some more tricks to surviving in this league and make our backups even more effective.
2. Second A guy who will be a free agent at the end of this year and his team doesnt want to pay him. Im talking about Vincent Jackson WR for the Chargers. He wants out of San Diego and is another incredible talent. Think about him lining up across the field from Megatron teams already have to put a safety over top of Calvin now they would have to do the same thing for Vincent basically handicapping defenses to playing mostly cover 2 and leaving the middle of the field open to every one else and opening up the run game.
3. Third another person who is a free agent after this season. Deangelo Williams RB panthers. We have seen how good this guy is he can run up the middle outside and catch out of the back field. He is also only 27 so he will have some tread left on the tires especially since he has spent his entire career splitting caries with Stewart. The Panthers just found out that Mike Goodson can run so they probably wont be willing to keep all three.
4. Here im going to name a few players that I think would help out our team though im not sure if they will all realistically be available. They are all Line backers who are in the final years with their teams so they should be free agents after this year. First Chad Greenway no explanation needed we have seen what he can do since he is in our devision along with Ben leber even though he is a bit older. Next Thomas Davis of the Panthers OLB he is 27 and will be a free agent. Justin Durant of the Jaguars a good OLB who will be a free agent. Next two guys who are not as good as the guys before but are still ok and better than what we have Clint Session of the Colts and Geno Hayes of the Bucs. And finally the one we all want even though we know he probably wont go any where David Harris (im hoping he gets a strong case of lion fever and want to come to Detroit) hey i can dream. Anyway i will post a poll to find out which of the options you all think is most feasible on a realistic level
P.S. I will be posting another article on some offensive linemen who will be free agents that we can pick up. and pleas rec the post so we can talk about it for a little while.
Which option is most likely
1. I can look past the D.C. drama with Albert and see the talent (3 votes)
2. Our offense might be the best get him in here no matter the cost (6 votes)
3. A young back like him would help alot (6 votes)
4. Linebackers like these would mean less draft focus on this issue and they are proven (39 votes)
54 total votes