I thought I would take an opportunity to go back to optimist mode and highlight some of the things I have been impressed with about the Lions in 2010. Here is my list to date [Not in any order]:
1. Stafford - when he has played [yeah I know] he has looked every inch the leader this team needs. His accuracy and reads and judgement have improved greatly over last year. Still has a long way to go, but I like what I have seen.
2. Pettigrew and the two TE Formation - Grew has played very well this season as a receiver. He gets open and seems to be a load to bring down. Yes he has lots of room for improvement, but that leaves me more optimistic about his future. The two TE set seems to take advantage of our strength at TE and I'll give some of our pass blocking improvement to that set as well. Again, there is a lot of untapped potential here, especially in the run blocking side, but I really like this as our base offence.
3. Suh - he has been everything that the Lions expected when they drafted him. The foundation for a strong defensive line for a long time. Cliff and Lawrence Jackson have played very well at end to suggest that Suh will have some solid support.
5. Calvin and Nate - Calvin has stepped up his play from last year and looks motivated again. Nate is a great complement and is justifying the big contract he received. A dangerous duo.
6. The Secondary - Houston and Delmas could be a good base to build a strong secondary. Alphonso and Spievey have had their moments, good and bad, but overall this group has played much better than was anticipated.
Well, that's my list. If you have any other thoughts on what you have liked so far let's hear from you. If all you have are complaints and disappointments....please start another thread.