The general managers have been selected for the 2010 Pride of Detroit Community Mock Draft, which will officially get started next week. You can find the table of GMs and who is representing which team after the jump. Also after the jump are a list of important rules and other information about the draft (how to make your pick, for example), so make sure to read through everything carefully so we can try to get through this thing with as few speed bumps as possible.
One thing I want to note before you get to the rules and list of GMs is that this mock draft will last two full rounds and then end on the Lions' third-round selection. With the way the schedule worked out, there is just no way to get in three full rounds, so I settled on two rounds and two picks. The extra two picks are so we can get one more in for the Lions. That final pick will actually be posted the day before the real draft, so in that regard the timing worked out perfectly.
When you make your pick, e-mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your write-up. The write-up should be at least a paragraph explaining why you made the pick. It can be as long as you want, but try to make it at least a paragraph. Also, please proofread the write-up to make sure it doesn't have any spelling/grammatical errors. Obviously there will be some mistakes here and there (no one's perfect, including myself), but I don't want it to be written like a text message or something. Even though it's not my work, I would like it to look professional since it will reflect on the quality of POD. If I see a typo or something I will fix it, but please look it over before you send it to me so there aren't a bunch of mistakes to correct.
Also, when you send me your pick, make sure to put "POD Mock Draft" as the subject. That way I won't miss it.
- As for when your pick should be made, check out the schedule below to see when your deadline is. The pick and write-up need to be sent by the date and time in the deadline column. I can be somewhat flexible with the write-up (if you're an hour or two late or something it's no big deal), but to keep this moving you need to have your pick in before the deadline. If you miss it I may be forced to go to an alternate, because the next GM won't be able to make his team's selection until all of the picks before are in. If one person misses the deadline it will slow down this whole thing.
Keeping that in mind, I would prefer it if you send in your pick as soon as you decide it. The write-up can wait until the deadline or even an hour or so after like I said, but the earlier you get your pick in, the quicker I can let the next GM know who is still available. If we can do that then this thing will move very efficiently, which I would appreciate.
- Make sure to look at the schedule right now to make note of when your pick will be due. If there is a conflict or something like that, let me know as soon as possible so we can get it worked out right away.
- When a pick is e-mailed to me, I will e-mail the next GM to let him know he is on the clock. I will include an updated list of picks in my e-mail so the GM knows who is still available. My e-mail is going to be sent to whatever address is listed on your SB Nation account. If you want it to be sent to a different one for whatever reason, let me know right now by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Due to time restrictions, there will be no trades.
- After your pick is posted, make sure to defend it in the comments section if there are any naysayers (don't forget: attack the opinion, not the person). Each pick will get a separate post so it can be discussed. There will also be an approval poll to get an exact idea of what readers of the site think of the pick.
- Please do not talk about picks that haven't been posted on the site until they are actually posted. That way we can make sure the reveal of each pick is somewhat exciting. Comments about picks that haven't already been posted will be deleted.
- Perhaps the most important rule of all is to DO RESEARCH. I can't stress this one enough. Don't wait until the last minute to get an idea of what your team's needs are. Check out the SB Nation blog for your team, go to draft websites, or whatever, just make sure to do research. That way you can put together a list of a few players you have in mind and won't go past the deadline for when your pick is due. Also, that way you can be prepared for when the team right before you takes the player you want. Trust me, it will happen to some of you.
- As far as draft strategy goes, it is really up to you. You can go with the player you think should be picked or you can go with the player you think will actually be picked. Obviously I would like you to keep it realistic and not go off the wall or pull a Matt Millen, but at the end of the day you're the GM for your team in this draft.
- The last two things I will mention are to have fun with this and try to be efficient with your picks. Like I said, if you already know what your pick is going to be, then I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me right away. In that sense you can wait to get me the write-up until the deadline if you want, but the earlier the better for your picks. That way we can get ahead of schedule, making life easier on all of the GMs who are waiting around to see who has been selected before they make their pick.
Here is the order/schedule of picks. The list below these tables is alternates in case a GM has to drop out of the mock draft or misses his deadline or whatever.
Deadline for pick
|1||St. Louis Rams||mgersz||Tuesday, March 30 - 11:00 AM|
|2||Detroit Lions||DrewsLions||Tuesday, March 30 - 4:00 PM|
|3||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Hyperion Ecta||Tuesday, March 30 - 9:00 PM|
|4||Washington Redskins||Nate D.||Wednesday, March 31 - 11:00 AM|
Kansas City Chiefs
||GRLion||Wednesday, March 31 - 4:00 PM|
|6||Seattle Seahawks||stumpy8100||Wednesday, March 31 - 9:00 PM|
|7||Cleveland Browns||latif||Thursday, April 1 - 11:00 AM|
|8||Oakland Raiders||damnitdamnitdamnit||Thursday, April 1 - 4:00 PM|
|9||Buffalo Bills||CLF||Thursday, April 1 - 9:00 PM|
|10||Jacksonville Jaguars||NorthLeft12||Friday, April 2 - 11:00 AM|
|11||Denver Broncos||CapitolLions||Friday, April 2 - 4:00 PM|
|12||Miami Dolphins||lionsfan64||Friday, April 2 - 9:00 PM|
|13||San Francisco 49ers||JCruize||Saturday, April 3 - 11:00 AM|
Seattle Seahawks (From DEN)
||stumpy8100||Saturday, April 3 - 4:00 PM|
|15||New York Giants||Kalzilla||Saturday, April 3 - 9:00 PM|
|16||Tennessee Titans||Twon82||Sunday, April 4 - 11:00 AM|
|17||San Francisco 49ers||JCruize||Sunday, April 4 - 4:00 PM|
|18||Pittsburgh Steelers||Jettero2112||Sunday, April 4 - 9:00 PM|
|19||Atlanta Falcons||ATL Lion||Monday, April 5 - 11:00 AM|
|20||Houston Texans||lions_sucker||Monday, April 5 - 4:00 PM|
||motown313||Monday, April 5 - 9:00 PM|
New England Patriots
||Quez81||Tuesday, April 6 - 11:00 AM|
Green Bay Packers
||Gyorick||Tuesday, April 6 - 4:00 PM|
||n4ry4||Tuesday, April 6 - 9:00 PM|
||TonyDC||Wednesday, April 7 - 11:00 AM|
||Lions Rant Artist||Wednesday, April 7 - 4:00 PM|
||sgdbw90||Wednesday, April 7 - 9:00 PM|
San Diego Chargers
||j16941||Thursday, April 8 - 11:00 AM|
New York Jets
||Evilsmurf||Thursday, April 8 - 4:00 PM|
||HoorayForEverything||Thursday, April 8 - 9:00 PM|
|31||Indianapolis Colts||Leapin Lion||Friday, April 9 - 11:00 AM|
|32||New Orleans Saints||davis0169||Friday, April 9 - 4:00 PM|
|#||Team||General Manager||Deadline for pick|
|33||St. Louis Rams||mgersz||Friday, April 9 - 9:00 PM|
|34||Detroit Lions||DrewsLions||Saturday, April 10 - 11:00 AM|
|35||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Hyperion Ecta||Saturday, April 10 - 4:00 PM|
|36||Kansas City Chiefs||GRLion||Saturday, April 10 - 9:00 PM|
|37||Washington Redskins||Nate D.||Sunday, April 11 - 11:00 AM|
|38||Cleveland Browns||latif||Sunday, April 11 - 4:00 PM|
|39||Oakland Raiders||damnitdamnitdamnit||Sunday, April 11 - 9:00 PM|
San Diego Chargers
||j16941||Monday, April 12 - 11:00 AM|
|41||Buffalo Bills||CLF||Monday, April 12 - 4:00 PM|
|42||Tampa Bay Buccaneers (From CHI)||Hyperion Ecta||Monday, April 12 - 9:00 PM|
|43||Miami Dolphins||lionsfan64||Tuesday, April 13 - 11:00 AM|
|44||New England Patriots (From JAC)||Quez81||Tuesday, April 13 - 4:00 PM|
|45||Denver Broncos||CapitolLions||Tuesday, April 13 - 4:00 PM|
|46||New York Giants||Kalzilla||Wednesday, April 14 - 11:00 AM|
|47||New England Patriots (From TEN)||Quez81||Wednesday, April 14 - 4:00 PM|
|48||Carolina Panthers||wmuhaplo||Wednesday, April 14 - 9:00 PM|
|49||San Francisco 49ers||JCruize||Thursday, April 15 - 11:00 AM|
|50||Kansas City Chiefs (From ATL)||GRLion||Thursday, April 15 - 4:00 PM|
|51||Houston Texans||lions_sucker||Thursday, April 15 - 9:00 PM|
|52||Pittsburgh Steelers||Jettero2112||Friday, April 16 - 11:00 AM|
|53||New England Patriots||Quez81||Friday, April 16 - 4:00 PM|
|54||Cincinnati Bengals||motown313||Friday, April 16 - 9:00 PM|
|55||Philadelphia Eagles||n4ry4||Saturday, April 17 - 11:00 AM|
|56||Green Bay Packers||Gyorick||Saturday, April 17 - 4:00 PM|
|57||Baltimore Ravens||TonyDC||Saturday, April 17 - 9:00 PM|
|58||Arizona Cardinals||Lions Rant Artist||Sunday, April 18 - 11:00 AM|
|59||Dallas Cowboys||sgdbw90||Sunday, April 18 - 4:00 PM|
Seattle Seahawks (From SD)
||stumpy8100||Sunday, April 18 - 9:00 PM|
|61||New York Jets||Evilsmurf||Monday, April 19 - 11:00 AM|
|62||Minnesota Vikings||HoorayForEverything||Monday, April 19 - 4:00 PM|
|63||Indianapolis Colts||Leapin Lion||Monday, April 19 - 9:00 PM|
|64||New Orleans Saints||davis0169||Tuesday, April 20 - 11:00 AM|
|#||Team||General Manager||Deadline for pick|
|65||St. Louis Rams||mgersz||Tuesday, April 20 - 4:00 PM
|66||Detroit Lions||DrewsLions||Tuesday, April 20 - 9:00 PM