Pro Football Talk first reported and Adam Schefter later confirmed that free agent cornerback Lito Sheppard is going to visit the Lions today and tomorrow. Sheppard was released by the Jets in March, just a year or so after being traded to New York by Philadelphia. There's no doubt that Sheppard struggled in the final part of his short-lived career with the Jets, but if the Lions are going to make a move before the draft to pick up a corner, I would take him over Pacman Jones any day. (Jason La Canfora reports that the Bears, Vikings, and Raiders "could emerge as suitors" for Sheppard.)
- The Broncos have reportedly traded Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins in exchange for a second-round pick this year and next year. This move happened at just about the perfect time as far as the POD Mock Draft goes, because the Dolphins' pick was set to be posted right around this time. Because of the trade, however, I am going to give that pick to Denver to keep the mock accurate. That pick and the 44th and 45th picks will be posted later in the day since we need to redo them behind the scenes.
- Connecticut cornerback Robert McClain visited the Lions yesterday.
- Today, according to John Niyo, is actually the last day to host potential picks for visits, so as I alluded to yesterday, look out for a visit tracker post in the immediate future.
- Kevin Seifert put together an interesting post breaking down the differences between Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy.
- Dez Bryant has apparently been taken off more than just Jacksonville's draft board.