I don't know if it is just me but it seems the Lions are aligning themseves to picking Berry or another top safety and here's why:
1. Even with Suh consderded to be BPA I believe the staff feels his size doesn't fit the mold of what they're buiding.
2. They went and got Cory Williams in FA.
3. They haven't addressed safety in FA.
4. We have a history of getting burned deep for the last decade.
5. NFC North is going to be a pass happy division in the coming years.
I personally see Detroit Trading down to below Tampa Bay or making them pay a late round draft pick giving up Suh while still taking Berry. All the late round picks are almost gone and I'd say a couple teams might find jumping a couple pick to grab Suh for the price of a 6th or 7th this year or next might seem like a bargin and we still get our guy in Berry or drop further and get get a better compensation pick than a 6th or 7th rounder. Now I'm not on the Berry bandwagon but S is what is not being addressed and Delmas cannot play both sides. If anyone has any other insight or facts feel free to share.