Previously: Pre-Training Camp Edition
With the Steelers game coming up on Saturday and a week and a half of training camp in the books, I figured it was time to take another look at a prediction for the 53-man roster. This week, I posted the prediction over at SB Nation Detroit, so for full explanations and a full look at the roster, go there to read it over.
Before you head over to SB Nation Detroit to read through my prediction, feel free take a look below (or after the jump) for the changes that have happened from the first edition to the second edition.
- Removed DT Joe Cohen, DT Leger Douzable, LB Lee Campbell and S Marquand Manuel from the "Cut" category (they were all released or waived by the Lions)
- Added DB Paul Pratt to the roster (specifically the "Cut" category at CB)
- Added S Randy Phillips to the roster (specifically the "Keep" category at S; see below)
- Moved WR Dennis Northcutt to the "Cut" category in favor of Tim Toone (I'm officially on the bandwagon)
- Moved LB Landon Johnson to the "Cut" category in favor of LB Vinny Ciurciu
- Moved CB Dante Wesley to the "Cut" category in favor of CB Aaron Berry
- Moved S Marvin White to the "Cut" category in favor of S Randy Phillips
- Added a practice squad prediction
In addition to those changes, I singled out some other battles to keep an eye on as we go through training camp and the preseason. Specifically, I made mention of these battles, which could lead to further changes to my roster prediction in the coming weeks:
- Fourth running back spot: Maurice Morris vs. DeDe Dorsey
- Second fullback spot: Jake Nordin vs. No one specifically (he simply needs to prove to coaches his versatility is worthwhile enough to keep a second fullback around)
- Fifth defensive end spot: Jared DeVries vs. Willie Young vs. Chima Ihekwoaba
- Sixth linebacker spot: Isaiah Ekejiuba vs. Caleb Campbell
- Sixth cornerback spot: Aaron Berry vs. His injury (Will it keep him out too long and hinder his development?)
- Fourth safety spot: Ko Simpson vs. His injury (Similarly, will he return soon enough to secure a spot on the team?)
For full explanations on those battles, once again, make sure to head over to SB Nation Detroit for my full write-up.