After I wrote a response to "winners and losers" in another fanpost... I wanted to leave the past in the past and look forward to this Saturday's game to ask what you all wanted to see... For me, I hope to see the following:
1) The secondary and linebackers taking better pursuit angles. This was a pretty poorly executed portion in the first game, and I think this needs to improve in order to limit gains. If we cannot tackle and take good angles, teams will 3-step drop us all day and leave our D-Line frustrated and useless.
2) Jahvid Best and Kevin Smith working in some semblance of a tandem similar to what they will be used in during the regular season. If Smith is not healthy, don't rush him, but this is more for my greedy desires than for the team's benefit. I want to see how Linehan wants to mix in Ksmooth and Jahvid.
3) Special Teams improvements. I am not concerned about missed FG's, but I think the blocking on kick/punt returns can definitely improve. Dante Wesley would be a nice player to see on the field in this case, as he isn't really contributing in the backfield.
4) Keep Matthew Stafford clean. I know that he needs his work, but truly, I do not want to see them putting Stafford out there for an extended period of time (a full 1Q/about midway through the 2nd? Is that right?) and have him go down, even for a few games.
5) Some crazy formation by Jim Schwartz/ Scott Linehan that they will NEVER use in the regular season yet makes other teams prepare for it when they face us (i.e.- Calvin Johnson in the wildcat with Jahvid Best next to him). I would love to verbize "Schwartzed" in the same way we have "Mayhewed".