- Louis Delmas hasn't practiced on consecutive days yet because of his groin injury, and that didn't change this week. Delmas was on the practice field on Wednesday, but yesterday he had to sit out.
"It’s a groin injury and the more you beat it up the most it’s going to affect you in the long run. So I take one day off, two days off, one day off, two days off that would be the best treatment for it,’’ Delmas said.That certainly doesn't sound promising, and at this rate it doesn't seem like we will see Delmas until the regular season.
"The groin injury is never going to heal if you keep aggravating it,’’ Delmas said. "I guess it will be something I’ll have to deal with.’’
- Jonathan Wade hasn't been able to practice because of a broken finger, but that hasn't stopped him from trying to get out on the field.
"They took my helmet from me. I went out there to practice and they just took my helmet from me to stop me. I’ll figure it out. I feel like I can’t go out there and talk my stuff no more because I’m not out there practicing."
- Also missing practice on Thursday were Jared DeVries, Vinny Ciurciu, Roy Schuening, Jason Hanson, Aaron Berry and Jack Williams.
- Kevin Smith and Brandon Pettigrew have a chance to play against the Broncos, although Jim Schwartz wouldn't say how good that chance is.
- Lloyd Carr attended practice earlier this week.
- Tom Kowalski thinks Corey Hilliard could make a push to not only make the team, but also to start at right tackle.
- Jordon Dizon was reportedly waived before he was placed on injured reserve, allowing the Lions to free up a spot on the roster. Apparently if the Lions had simply put him on IR, they wouldn't get to use his roster spot. The more you know.
- ESPN's Kevin Seifert has a good (and simple) explanation of why the Lions traded for Lawrence Jackson: "Lawrence Jackson > Lions backups."
- Randy Phillips helped his father raise his 19 siblings growing up.
- Brett Favre claims 2010 will be his final season. Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that, Brett.