All of this talk about Kevin Smith is killing me. You hate the guy after one poor preseason showing. Per how angry I am about all of this talk that we should cut him, I will just put down my reasons why everyone who wants to cut/trade him away is obviously smoking some nasty stuff.
1. He is a back-up, guys. Best is obviously our number 1 runner. He is a solid back-up runner despite you guys saying he could get tackled by a gust of wind. Give it up.
2. He is coming off an injury. A big one at that. You try tearing your ACL in week 14 and come back to full strength today. Good luck.
3. What if Best gets injured, God forbid? You really want Mo Mo as our number 1 runner? I'd rather have Smith over Mo any day of the week. As for Aaron Brown, I liked what he did today; against the Browns secondary defense. Smith is playing against starters. Granted, he hasn't looked like the promising guy we saw in his rookie year, but we don't have to worry about that.
4. This is his 3rd year! People are acting like he was our first round draft pick 6 years ago and he hasn't put up any numbers what so ever. He is still learning.
5. He still has more upside than Mo Mo. He performs arguable as good as him when he is healthy, and still has a ways to go to reach his potential. He understands the offense better than Brown does too.
So prove 'em wrong K-smoove. I would love to see you put up 800+ yards this year as a back-up.
For the comments, that I am sure to get blasted at, I am not in love with Smith. I love Best. I'm not trying to give Smith a starting job. So don't try to pull that on me.