The latest on Lions players dealing with injuries:
- pulled a groin muscle early on against the Browns and is for sure out on Thursday. Although the Lions don't open the regular season until Sept. 12, Levy's status for the game against the Bears is apparently up in the air as well. Groin injuries, as we have seen with Louis Delmas, can be very tough to come back from, so it appears as though the Lions are preparing for the possibility of not having Levy in the season opener.
- Louis Delmas sat out practice on Monday (a planned move), but he returned today and could play against the Bills on Thursday.
- Jonathan Wade, Aaron Berry, Ko Simpson and Lawrence Jackson all practiced today.
- C.C. Brown was out again today, but Jim Schwartz said on Monday that he would be ready for the start of the regular season.
- Kevin Smith missed practice, but that could just be a planned move like with Delmas yesterday.
- Jason Hanson participated in an "extended" warmup prior to Saturday's game, and based on Tom Kowalski's assessment of his kicking, things went pretty well.
During his pregame routine, Hanson kicked more than two dozen field goals, mostly from the 43-yard range and beyond. [...]
Most of his field goals were right down the middle and had plenty of range. Several kicks from 48 yards split the uprights and had plenty of distance.
Jim Schwartz said yesterday that Hanson, who practiced on Monday, will play against the Bills unless he has an unforeseen setback.