- DeAndre Levy missed practice again today. Stepping in to take his spot with the first-team defense has mainly been Vinny Ciurciu and Jordon Dizon.
- Jim Schwartz tweeted yesterday that the injuries to Levy and Louis Delmas were of the "short-term" variety, but that tweet has since been deleted
- Jerome Felton is dealing with a foot sprain he suffered yesterday in practice, preventing him from finishing the session.
- Jared DeVries tweaked the knee that forced him to start camp on the PUP list. The injury happened yesterday and doesn't appear to be anything serious, but he missed this morning's practice.
- Aaron Berry injured his hamstring and may be for more than just a couple days and Jonathan Wade hurt his hip this morning. Depth at cornerback is already thin enough considering Amari Spievey has been out with a strained oblique muscle and is day-to-day.
- Mike Moore was out again on Thursday with a shoulder injury.
- Kyle Vanden Bosch got today's morning session off for rest.
- Jason Hanson's knee surgery went well and he is not even limping from it. Actually, it went so well that some players are giving Hanson grief over him missing camp and "Favre-ing it."
- Some very interesting news from Kevin Seifert:
Receiver Tim Toone flashed a couple times during the morning practice, and on one play, he put a double move on cornerback Chris Houston that left him wide open down the right sideline. This is pure amateur work, but I would put Toone no lower than fourth on the Lions' depth chart of receivers after Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and Bryant Johnson. I've thought he looked much smoother than 2009 draft choice Derrick Williams, and I'm wondering if Dennis Northcutt will be the odd man out.Toone seems to be playing extremely well so far, and if I were to readjust my 53-man roster projection, I'd probably include him on there.
- Perhaps even more interesting: Randy Phillips apparently played with the first-team defense today.
- On Thursday, the Lions ran plays where Jahvid Best got the ball on a pitch and threw a pass.
- SI's Damon Hack, who just visited Lions camp, thinks Matthew Stafford "looks ready to take a big step in his second year in the NFL."
- Rob Sims provided the best description I've seen so far for the kind of player Calvin Johnson is:
"He's amazing. He's like something you get in Create-A-Player mode on Madden."
Barry Sanders apparently may appear in a football movie that is shooting in Michigan.
- The owners of the Silverdome have some very interesting plans to completely renovate the Lions' former home in hopes of attracting an MLS team to Michigan. I will give them credit for thinking outside the box with their idea, but it seems a little unrealistic if you ask me.