- The official attendance from yesterday's open practice at Ford Field was 17,112.
- A total of 11 players were absent from the practice because of injuries: Jerome Felton, Mike Moore, Will Heller, Jared DeVries, DeAndre Levy, Amari Spievey, Aaron Berry, Jack Williams, Ko Simpson, Louis Delmas and Jason Hanson.
- Levy is itching to get back out on the practice field with his teammates.
"Man, I’ve worried since Day 1," Levy said in the locker room last week. "I want to get out there and mess with these new guys. We’ve got a whole new D-line, a couple new linebackers in here. I just want to get there and get those reps. You feel like everybody’s taking those reps.
"I don’t want to go out there and be five, six, seven, eight, nine days behind, because those are valuable reps that I’m missing. It’s one thing knowing things on paper and knowing things on film. But actually getting a feel for things and seeing it, it can still be a little rusty. You just want to get in there and get in a stride with everybody."
- Defensive tackle Joe Cohen injured his knee today.
- Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, defensive line coach Kris Kocurek and secondary coach Tim Walton will coach from the sideline during games this year rather than from the press box like last year.
- In his latest article for the Free Press, Jon Jansen talked about his experiences as a rookie in 1999 and some of the things he had to do as part of being one of the new guys in training camp.
- Albert Haynesworth finally passed his conditioning test for the Redskins.