Ok, so let me start by saying three things:
1) Best can carry the ball 20+ times a game and be effective.
2) I still like Felton
3) I am not ready to give up on K-Smooth...
With that being said... I think the FO has given up on Smith, Dones't want to give the ball to Felton reguarly, nor give Best over 20 carries a game... (Touches yes... straight carries, no)
So, here are the possible power backs that Detroit may target... I am listing ones that I think there is no way in hell we get too... just for arguments sake:
In my opinion, the talent (not likelihood of getting) order goes as such:
1) Le’Ron McClain - This dude could be a lot like Hillis given the carries... but Baltimore won't let him go.... Book it, he's not availible.
2) Pierre Thomas - I tend to think he could be available, especially with a poor showing in the playoffs and if Ivory continues to ball.
3) Michael Bush - IMO, not a starter, but a banger never the less, and would be a nice addition to the rotation. Depends on who replaces Cable in OAK, whether or not they retain Bush.
4) John Kuhn - Love this dude, but so does GB.
5) Cedric Benson: Old and unproven. I don't by the fluky season last year. I don't want him at all.
6) Brian Leonard - Could easily be had... but hes an injury concern
7) Patrick Cobb- Depends on the Brown/Williams situation.. if they both stay, Cobb (or Lex Hillard) could be available.
There are others, Tim Hightower (Fumble Machine) and Vonte Leach (More of a FB) to name a few....
Rookies.... Anyone likley to be gone before the 4th round I am not listing, as I hope we don't draft one before then HAHA!
1) Roy Helu - RB Nebraska
2) De'Rell Scott - RB Maryland
3) Anthony Allen - RB Georgia Tech
4) Allen Bradford - RB USC
5) Vai Tua - RB Nevada
6) Kieth Payne - RB Virginia
7) Matt Asiata - RB Utah
8) Brandon Thermilus - RB Buffalo
9) Issac Odim - RB Minnesota- Duluth