- Jim Schwartz gave out one of the game balls from Monday night to Lions fans for how loud they were. According to Matthew Stafford, Schwartz is going to have the ball put on display in Ford Field.
- The nine false start penalties the Bears had on Monday tied for the second most committed by a team in one game since 1993, when penalty research began. (Via Dave Birkett)
Ndamukong Suh was voted by his fellow players as the third meanest player in football. Amazingly, Jason Hanson picked up one vote.
- Matthew Stafford's 19 touchdown passes in his last seven games tied him for a franchise record with Bobby Layne.
- Monday Night Football was the most-watched regular season Lions game ever in the Detroit market. Now that's impressive.
- Tony Scheffler and Nate Burleson were on the Broncos and Vikings, respectively, when they started 5-0 but failed to make the playoffs. Only four teams since 1990 have started 5-0 but failed to make the playoffs, and considering half of those teams had a current Lion on it, you can bet the team is well aware that a 5-0 start doesn't mean squat unless you keep playing well.
- Burleson and Eric Wright were both fined ($5,000 for Burleson and an undisclosed amount for Wright) for wearing socks on Monday night that didn't show any white. Really, NFL?
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was with the Lions during training camp in 2001. He was beat out by Charlie Batch, Mike McMahon and Ty Detmer.
- Jim Schwartz tweeted this earlier in the week: "We’ve had Kid Rock, Eminem, Hugh Jackman, Uncle Kracker, Bob Seger, and Rev Run at games last couple years. We need to get Detroit native son Jack White in the fold. Gotta reach out through my Nashville connections." The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" was played at Ford Field during Monday's game, and Schwartz said he noticed it. Usually he doesn't notice the music that's being played, but "Seven Nation Army" grabbed his attention.
- Ndamukong Suh is a fan of short-yardage situations.
- 49ers wide receiver Josh Morgan is out for the season because of an ankle injury that he suffered when San Francisco was up 41-3 on Sunday.
- Current Bears and former Lions wide receiver Roy Williams said that he had never heard Ford Field be as loud as it was on Monday night.
- Bears defensive end Julius Peppers reportedly sprained his MCL on Monday.
- On the one hand, the short week made preparation more difficult for the 49ers game, but it also helped the players move on from the win over the Bears much quicker.
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions-49ers game are going to be Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa.
- If there were an award for being the best-dressed team in football, I think the Lions would win it.
- Barry Sanders posted a photo gallery from Monday night.
- The Seahawks traded linebacker Aaron Curry to the Raiders for a seventh-round pick in 2012 and a conditional mid-round pick in 2013.