- Believe it or not, but Cris Carter sat down with Calvin Johnson for a segment that will air on Monday Night Countdown (7 p.m. on ESPN). That should be interesting.
- Gunther Cunningham seems quite excited over the idea of adding Nick Fairley to the defensive line rotation.
"I looked out there and said 'That's the way life is supposed to be,'" he said after practice. "I've had a history of having some really outstanding defensive lineman in my career, and when I looked out there, boy, I'm still alive, I'm sure, because sometimes you dream about those things."
- Nick Fairley had a pretty funny quote about possibly playing on Monday. From Dave Birkett:
Nick Fairley on possibly making his debut Monday - which looks like it might happen - "It is it’s going to be a party."It's definitely going to be a party on Monday night.
I asked are we invited. Fairley said: "Bring the chips and dip, the d-line’s got the quarterbacks."
- Somebody within the Lions turns over the helmets displayed in the team facility of opposing teams after the Lions beat them. Jim Schwartz isn't even sure who does it.
- Mike Tirico spoke with Carlos Monarrez about coming to Detroit for Monday Night Football.