There have been some surprising Final Fours in the last decade, but this year's may be the zaniest ever. Not only are there no No. 1 seeds left, but no No. 2 seeds are alive in the 2011 NCAA tournament either. The left side of the Final Four features No. 3 UConn vs. No. 4 Kentucky and the right side is shockingly No. 8 Butler vs. No. 11 VCU. That's right -- Butler or VCU will be playing for a national championship a week from Monday.
With the Final Four set, so are the scenarios for the Pride of Detroit NCAA tournament pool. They are as follows:
- If UConn beats Butler, the pool winner is Suhtorious BIG.
- If UConn beats VCU, the pool winner is Suhtorious BIG.
- If Kentucky beats Butler, the pool winner is Trysdor.
- If Kentucky beats VCU, the pool winner is Trysdor.
- If Butler beats UConn, the pool winner is Elfuego51.
- If Butler beats Kentucky, the pool winner is Suh-nami 90.
- If VCU beats UConn, the pool winner is Elfuego51.
- If VCU beats Kentucky, the pool winner is Suh-nami 90.
The most amazing thing about this is that most people, myself included, didn't think VCU even deserved to make the NCAA tournament. Now VCU is headed to the Final Four. I can't wait to see what happens next weekend in Houston.