Since there is serious talk of the Lions going after Nnamdi Asomugha I would like to suggest a few things thinking from Nnamdi's perspective about why he would or wouldn't want to come to Detroit. Looking forward to input from everyone.
Reasons to join Detroit.
1. Our Dline - need I say more?
2. Jim Swartz - it is almost a league wide fact that Jim's guys love playing for him
3. Calvin Johnson - the opportunity for Nnamdi to day in and day out line up against the most talented receiver in the league could only make both of them go beyond where they had previously thought they could. After practice games would seem like cake.
Reasons to not join Detroit
1. If I am Nbamdi I have to have certainty that Calvin Johnson is tied to Detroit for the duration of whatever contract I sign. Would Calvin sign an extension as I sign my contract?
2. Does Detroit have a Franchise QB. One of the reasons he wants out of Oakland has to be the Qb fiasco. At 30 years old, wanting to win, can he trust his career's legacy on Matthew Stafford's ability to stay healthy.
3. Can I really leave Oakland to play in Detroit? Its not what I was thinking when I first thought about leaving Oakland. I mean eminem is cool and all...... and I like cars as much as the next guy....but really?