Today the Detroit Lions held their final workout session of the week. If the NFL lockout continues, Lions players are planning on holding another one that would start on June 6. In the meantime, here is a rundown of news from the final workout (and a couple things from yesterday):
- There were around 23 players at Thursday's workout. Matthew Stafford drove all the way back from the Bulls-Heat game in Chicago last night to be there.
- The reason more rookies didn't attend this week's workouts is because Kyle Vanden Bosch only had an email list with players on the team last year. Titus Young was the only rookie to attend, and it's likely he got information about the workouts from Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford while working out with them last week in Atlanta.
- Stephen Peterman's foot injury happened during Week 2 of last season and involved him tearing a muscle on the ball of his foot. Ouch. He said at the workouts this week that he is completely healthy and fully recovered from the injury.
Louis Delmas says he is "about 85 percent" recovered from groin surgery.
- Delmas joked that Dre Bly "might be 85 years old, but he still can keep up with us."
- The Lions walked through a two-minute drill on Wednesday.
- Nate Burleson joked on Wednesday that Country Day looks like where they filmed the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air."
- Burleson also said something funny about Titus Young, who he spent the week with teaching routes and terminology.
"I've seen film on him and heard him talk," Burleson said. "He's going to fit right in here. I am not going to try not to rub off on him too early, but if he comes back with his hair dyed, then we got a problem."
- MLive attempted to livestream today's workout. The video quality wasn't great, but you can check it out here.