A day after signing undrafted free agent Marquise Liverpool, a cornerback from Temple, the Detroit Lions have announced that he has been released. It's unclear why the Lions decided to release Liverpool, but it could be that they need to open up a roster spot for a future move.
The Lions were at 90 players prior to Liverpool being released, so I would imagine they are planning to fill it with someone relatively soon. I doubt it was made because Nick Barnett or Stephen Tulloch is being signed, though. My guess is it's to bring in another undrafted free agent or because one of the Lions' free agents has been re-signed (i.e. someone like Bobby Carpenter or Turk McBride).
For the time being, the Lions have 17 UDFAs left. The list can be found after the jump.
- WR Marcus Harris (Murray State)
- WR Jared Jenkins (Wisconsin-Stevens Point)
- WR Dominique Barnes (Youngstown State)
- WR Demario Ballard (Western Oregon)
- TE Preston Dial (Alabama)
- OG Pat Illig (Wofford)
- OG Jeff Maddux (Central Michigan)
- DE Narada Williams (Fort Valley State)
- LB Quentin Davie (Northwestern)
- LB Cobrani Mixon (Kent State)
- LB DeJuan Fulghum (Texas Southern)
- LB Daunte Akra (Wayne State)
- CB Branden Bufford (Howard)
- CB Jamal Robinson (Houston)
- CB Brandon Stephens (Miami OH)
- S Ricardo Silva (Hampton)
- P Ryan Donahue (Iowa)