- Originally there wasn't a practice scheduled for Thursday, but the Detroit Lions announced that they will hold one at 10:15 a.m. It will be open to the public.
- CB Chris Houston and DT Corey Williams returned to practice after dealing with injuries earlier this week. CB Eric Wright, on the other hand, was out.
- S John Wendling missed practice and had his right leg wrapped.
- WR Titus Young and WR Demario Ballard once again missed practice.
- Jim Schwartz ordered the team to run gassers after a "tussle" between Kyle Vanden Bosch and Corey Hilliard set off a bit of a brawl. Schwartz had this to say about the incident:
"We had a little too much energy during practice,'' Schwartz said. "We needed to expel it somehow so we ran for a little bit and then we got back to work. It was probably a good time to do it. It was about as hot as we can get up here and we took advantage of it."A separate "scuffle" happened after Matt Clapp had what Chris McCosky described as a cheap shot on Willie Young.
- TE Tony Scheffler had to leave practice and get stitches after cutting the webbing between two of his fingers. Ouch.