ALLEN PARK, MI - JULY 30: Mikel Leshoure #25 of the Detroit Lions goes through the morning drills druing the Lions training camp on July 30, 2011 in Allen Park, Michigan. (Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)
- The Detroit Lions practiced in full pads today, which is the first time they have done so this camp.
- Nick Fairley wasn't the only Lions player to miss today's practice. The following players also were out: WR Titus Young, LT Jeff Backus, RT Gosder Cherilus, LB Zack Follett, LB Cobrani Mixon, CB Jack Williams and CB Alphonso Smith. RB Maurice Morris missed part of practice after leaving with a hand injury.
- Fairley doesn't think his foot injury is a setback and said he is doing whatever he can to get back as quickly as possible.
- Follett was out because he was given a day off.
(More after the jump)
- Asked about Cherilus, Jim Schwartz said that his knee wasn't reinjured, but rather it's sore, so the Lions are keeping him sidelined.
- Derrick Williams, who was the second best wide receiver on the field in the eyes of Chris McCosky, got into a "tussle" with Aaron Berry.
- Tom Kowalski once again recapped the Lions' red zone drill and made it clear that Calvin Johnson is pretty tough to stop.
- Matthew Stafford had "another stellar practice, according to Paula Pasche.
- Philip Zaroo writes that Demario Ballard was "impressive" during today's practice.
- Willie Young sounds like he is continuing to do well in practice, as is Mikel Leshoure.
- Schwartz says practices are being extended "now that guys are getting their legs under them."