- Matthew Stafford was voted the Chuck Hughes Most Improved Player by his Lions teammates.
- Martin Mayhew compared all of the injuries Lions safeties suffered during the 2011 season to all of the injuries Lions quarterbacks dealt with in 2010.
- With all of the talk about the salary cap as of late, I have seen some people suggest that the Lions should get rid of Kyle Vanden Bosch and/or Nate Burleson because they signed relatively big contracts in 2010. I personally don't see the value in cutting veteran leaders like Vanden Bosch and Burleson just to save some cap room, and based on comments from Martin Mayhew recently, I doubt he thinks that's a very good idea.
"Great," said general manager Martin Mayhew, when asked to assess Burleson's impact. "He's been great. He and Kyle both have been great leaders for us, great in the locker room.
"(They're) solid vets. They know how to prepare. (They're) great leaders for the young guys. Young guys look up to those guys."
- Mel Kiper's 2012 NFL Draft rankings for the top five players at each position are out.
- The Miami Dolphins have hired Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin as their head coach.
- The St. Louis Rams will be the home team in the NFL's annual game in London for the next three seasons. In 2012, they will take on the New England Patriots.