- Jahvid Best was expecting to find out the results of his latest concussion tests on Friday, but doctors are still going over them. As a result, we probably won't hear anything on his status until Monday.
- Speaking of Best, Jim Schwartz thinks Best is in the best shape of his career.
- Second City Fanatics has a good look at the Lions' special teams issues.
- This is an interesting stat:
The Calvin Johnson Effect? The Lions have faced defenses w/ 5+ defensive backs on 90.8% of their plays this season, highest rate in the NFL— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 10, 2012
- This is just depressing:
Lions need more picks. They have none. Bears lead NFL with 13 picks, two more than Lions have pass breakups (11for the math challenged)— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) October 11, 2012
- As noted by Tim Twentyman, Joique Bell is third in the NFL in receiving yards for running backs.
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions-Eagles game will be Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston in the booth and Tony Siragusa on the field.
- In addition to working out Rock Cartwright and Greg Jones, the Lions also brought in Jacob Hester, Trevard Lindley and Bryan McCann this week, according to Adam Caplan.
- The Lions released punter Ben Graham from injured reserve this week, meaning he is now a free agent.
- The Lions hosted US Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills at practice earlier this week. Mills lost parts of all four of his limbs in April.
- Patrick Edwards and Rodney Austin, who are on the practice squad, were out with injuries earlier this week.