Here is what I learned about coaching from watching the Lions
- if you drop a pass, immiatley ask for a flag. The refs love being t old they missed something.
- they will never expect a run middle on first down!
- triple espresso shots for all my linemen! Nothing like a jumpy lineman on game day.
- let all the players know you are making a rainbow quilt and you are only missing yellow squares. Ask them to collect as many as possible during the game.
- your new secret weapon for Calvin this season is the shallow crossing route with a pick. It doesn't matter that it has fooled exactly 0 teams 5 games into the season or that if a catch is made on that route, Calvin is immediately leveled. I'm sure THIS team will be baffled by it! Run it for 3 quarters!
- let all the receivers know that touching the ball is as good as a catch. It's the effort that counts.
- the red zone is a good time to sit back and reflect on how hard you worked to get down there. Go ahead and blow a couple plays to let the guys enjoy the feeling of being in the red zone.