- This should be a lot of fun to watch when it eventually ends up on NFL Network:
Yes, the rumors are true. They are currently filming A Football Life with me. Will share details soon.
- Jim Schwartz had an all-time great tweet after last Sunday's win over the Philadelphia Eagles:
Shoulder very sore. Too many fist pumps today. Proud of the team. Showed a lot of toughness.— Jim Schwartz (@jschwartzlions) October 14, 2012
- If we were to give Matthew Stafford a nickname, I think "Comeback Kid" would be appropriate:
Stafford has 15 career victories. 7 have been fourth-quarter comebacks.— Kevin Seifert (@espn_nfcnblog) October 14, 2012
- According to Nate Burleson, Stafford winked at him in the huddle before their touchdown in the fourth quarter against the Eagles, indicating that Stafford knew where he was going to throw the ball before they even lined up.
- The Eagles fired defensive coordinator Juan Castillo following their loss to the Lions.
- This is more like it, defensive line:
Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) October 14, 2012
- The Lions haven't been ahead at halftime even once so far this season. As if that's not bad enough, the Lions haven't scored a touchdown in the first half in four consecutive games.
- The Lions' 16 penalties against the Eagles last Sunday set a league high for the NFL for the 2012 season.
- Former Lions safety Chris Harris signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars earlier this week.
- NFL owners passed a new rule earlier this week that will allow teams to negotiate with agents of impending free agents for the three days before free agency actually begins. Players who are set to be free agents can't visit teams, have direct contact or sign any deals until free agency opens, but agents will be able to negotiate on their behalf. (Via Jason La Canfora)
- Super Bowl 50 will be in the Miami Dolphins' stadium or the new San Francisco 49ers stadium. Those two locations are also in the mix for Super Bowl 51, as is Houston.
- Beyoncé will be the performer for the 2013 Super Bowl halftime show.