Howard Smith-US PRESSWIRE
Lions notes looks at Matthew Stafford's new commercials, Lawrence Jackson, Riley Reiff and more.
- Detroit Lions defensive end Lawrence Jackson was fined $15,750 for hitting Michael Vick below the knees last Sunday. This was his reaction to the fine:
- Matthew Stafford is going to be featured on E:60 next Tuesday, according to Tim Twentyman.
- Two This Is SportsCenter commercials featuring Stafford are set to debut during Monday's game against the Chicago Bears.
- Riley Reiff is getting close to becoming a starter, according to Scott Linehan. It's probably only a matter of time until he breaks his way into the starting lineup.
- Kevin Smith doesn't sound too confident in his chances of getting back into the rotation at running back.
- The Lions' win against the Philadelphia Eagles last Sunday was their first against them since 1986, when they won on an Eddie Murray field goal.
- Warrick Dunn, who is a friend of Martin Mayhew, attended Lions practice earlier this week.
- Oct. 28 should be quite the day in Detroit. The Lions host the Seattle Seahawks during the day, and at night the Tigers will host Game 4 of the World Series.