- NFL.com's Michael Lombardi wrote a great article on how Jim Schwartz needs to get the Detroit Lions to take the next step -- in this case, toward being a great team. It covers a lot of the general issues the Lions are dealing with right now after starting 2-4, and it's definitely worth a read.
- The Washington Redskins released running back Ryan Grant on Tuesday and signed running back Keiland Williams, who was let go by the Lions last week.
- Linebacker Doug Hogue, who was just released by the Lions earlier this week, has been claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers.
- Peter King thinks Matthew Stafford should start forcing the ball to Calvin Johnson more. I can't disagree with the idea, as the Lions need to do something to get their offense rolling at the start of games instead of waiting until they fall behind and have to make a comeback.
- Speaking of Johnson, Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is really getting into the mindset of covering Megatron.
Guess we know who's covering Megatron this Sunday -- @rsherman_25 changed his handle to "Optimus Prime."
Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for shutting down Johnson on Monday night.
- Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is rooting for the Detroit Tigers to win the World Series since he grew up playing baseball with Justin Verlander.
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions/Seahawks game will be Chris Myers and Tim Ryan.
- Dave Birkett recently wrote a great article on Amari Spievey and the personal tragedy he has been dealing with since last year.
Ndamukong Suh unsurprisingly was voted the least-liked NFL player in a recent poll of fans.
- The Dallas Cowboys have signed former Lions linebacker Ernie Sims.