Andy Clayton King
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford, Vikings GM Rick Spielman and more.
- According to Matt Shepard, Minnesota Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway talked to Calvin Johnson before Sunday's game to check on him. Greenway, as you may recall, blasted Johnson in the head when these two teams first met back in Week 4.
- For those keeping score at home, Johnson has now been tackled inside the two-yard line six different times this season.
- Johnson is closing in on some history with how many 200-yard receiving games he's had:
- Johnson has already set the Lions franchise record for 200-yard receiving games.
- On Sunday, Matthew Stafford became the third quarterback in NFL history to throw his 70th career touchdown pass in fewer than 40 games.
- Mike O'Hara reports that Vikings general manager Rick Spielman "emphatically" denied he was the anonymous GM behind the comments about Dominic Raiola. Many people suggested Spielman was the person responsible for the comments given the fact that they came out just days before the Vikings' game against the Lions.
- On Monday, Jim Schwartz said that he thought Ndamukong Suh "might have played the best game since he's been here" against the Vikings. Like Justin Rogers, I don't really buy it.
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Lions were the only team to submit a waiver claim for Pat Lee.
- Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will serve as the announcers for the Lions' game this week against the Green Bay Packers.