- If you missed the story on CBS about Jerome Harrison, you can watch it here:
- After Thursday's game, Matt Schaub had this to say when asked about Ndamukong Suh's kick:
Matt Schaub on Ndamukong Suh and the first quarter incident: "I don't have anything to say about that play -- or that person"— Lions RapidReports (@CBSLions) November 22, 2012
- I have to agree with Pro Football Focus, which said this on Thursday:
That was easily Suh's best game of the season. Sadly nobody will notice because we'll all be talking about his nutshot on Schaub #Cheap— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) November 23, 2012
- In all likelihood, the crappy review/penalty rule that cost the Lions a touchdown on Thursday will be reviewed and changed by the NFL next offseason.
- Louis Delmas was unable to finish Thursday's game because of soreness. Hopefully the extra break in between games will allow him to be ready to go next week.
- Tony Scheffler dislocated his left pinky on Thursday.
Jeff Backus said after Thursday's game that he did everything he could to try and play against the Texans, but his injury just didn't allow that to happen.
- As noted by Tim Twentyman, Backus' absence ended a streak of 236 consecutive games going back to when he played at Michigan.
- This is a pretty amazing stat:
- Before Thursday, the Texans hadn't allowed a single rushing touchdown all season. Mikel Leshoure and Joique Bell each had a rushing TD on Thanksgiving.
- Gunther Cunningham was quite angry during Thursday's game, and he showed off his kicking leg to express his frustration.
- Matthew Stafford passed the 11,000 career passing yards mark on Thursday. He joined Kurt Warner as the only two players to do that in 40 games in NFL history.
- Calvin Johnson became only the seventh player in NFL history to cross the 7,000 receiving yards mark in his first six seasons.
- The Green Bay Packers' Brad Jones was fined $15,750 for his roughing the passer penalty on Stafford last week.