For 2013 (a 121M cap) we have 5 groups of players:
1. 25 with contracts with no cap issue that had a 38.367M cap hit in 2012 and a hit of 44.76M in 2013: Nagy; Bentley; Greenwood; J. Green; R. Lewis; T. Lewis; Fairley; Sims: Peterman; Tulloch; Whitehead; K. Moore; S. Hill; J. Bell; Leshore; Silva; Spivey; t. Johnson; J. Fox; R. Rieff; Pettigrew; Scheffler; Robiskie; C. Johnson; M Thomas
2. 2 players with Contracts that need renegotiation who were 15.5M in 2012 and jump to 37.5M for 2013. Suh 17.2M; Stafford 20.3M I would Hope below franchise(13M) in staffords case and around 2011 franchise for Suh(11M)
3. 7 Players with contracts with major Cap jumps with reduced value that need to be CUT. Who were 17.625M in 2012; jump to 34.815M and only count 8.94M if cut. D. Raiola; Wendling; KVB; Backus; Burleson; D. Florence; T. Young
4. 10 Players I would like to resign who cost us 17.111M in 2012 and would hopefully be a 17.5 to 19M hit in 2013. Houston; Jackson; Young; S.L. Hill; Palmer; Levy; Hanson; Harris; Delmas; Hilliard.
5. 17 UFA’s not to retain and continued PUP who cost us 33.79M in 2012 Gandy; Carey; Miller: Lacey; Fluellen; Avril; C. Williams; Durant; K. Smith; Logan; Best; Harrison.
There are 5 cases for us next year.
1. Status Quoa: Retain Group 1 do not Renegotiate with group 2 and do not cut group 3 we end up with 115.6M cap used and 5.4M to sign 18 players 2RB; 1TE 2OT; 3DE; 2DT; 4LB; 1CB; 1 SS
2. Status Quoa: and signing group 4 the desired UfA’s.That gets us 133M cap Hit 12M over and we need to sign/Draft 8 Players. 2RB; 1TE; 1OT; 1DE; 1DT; 2LB;
3. Retain Group 1, do not renegotiate with group 2 and cut group 3. That gets us a 91.2M cap hit and 29.8M to sign/Draft 25 players. 2RB; 2WR; 1TE; 3OT; 1C; 4DE; 2Dt; 4LB; 2CB; 2S; 1K; 1P
4. Retain Group 1 do not renegotiate with group 2; cut group 3 and sign Group 4. That gets us 108.6 Cap hit and 12.4M to sign 15 players. 2RB; 2WR; 1TE; 1OT; 1C; 2DE; 1Dt; 2LB; 1CB; 1S
5. Retain Group 1: renegotiate with group 2; cut group 3 and sign Group 4. That gets us 96.6 Cap hit and 24.4M to sign 15 players. 2RB; 2WR; 1TE; 1OT; 1C; 2DE; 1Dt; 2LB; 1CB; 1STo this point it is all cash decisions.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Pride Of Detroit or its writers.