- After Calvin Johnson broke the NFL single-season receiving record on Saturday, a video message was played at Ford Field from Jerry Rice. Herman Moore also congratulated Johnson when his Lions receiving record was broken.
- There has been some talk that Johnson's record was fueled by meaningless yards in garbage time. Grantland has a great piece that shows that's not the case one bit.
- The Lions snapped an amazing picture of Johnson and his father after Saturday's game.
- This is a pretty crazy stat:
Matthew Stafford has passed Bobby Layne for pass completions in a career. He's 24 years old.
- As is this:
(ELIAS) Matthew Stafford set an NFL record for most passing yards in a game without a TD pass- 443 (old mark: Joe Montana, 441 in 1986)— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 23, 2012
- Stafford is about to take down the NFL record for most pass attempts in a single season. He only needs to throw 7 more passes to pass Drew Bledsoe.
- Jason Hanson's record for the most field goals of 50 or more yards in a single season was broken by Minnesota Vikings kicker Blair Walsh on Sunday.
- Mikel Leshoure's 9 rushing touchdowns this season are the most for a Lions player since James Stewart's 10 in 2000, according to Tim Twentyman.
- Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte is going to try to play this week against the Lions despite being in a walking boot on Sunday. Also, Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher may return on Sunday.
- Lomas Brown recently admitted that he allowed Scott Mitchell to get hurt during a game in 1994. Maybe this happens more often than I think, but my opinion of Brown has gone down because of this story.