Ndamukong Suh criticized by anonymous Lions teammate

Tim Fuller-US PRESSWIRE

Ndamukong Suh is once again the target of anonymous criticism, but this time it's coming from one of his Detroit Lions teammates.

Anonymous criticism of Ndamukong Suh and the Detroit Lions is nothing new. Headlines were made earlier this season when an anonymous general manager took aim at Suh and the Lions, and more headlines were made when the anonymous GM continued to act like a coward and took personal shots at Dominic Raiola.

Once again, Suh has been targeted by someone anonymous. This time, however, the criticism is coming from an unnamed Detroit Lions player in a Yahoo! Sports article. No details were shared on the identity of this player, but he seems fed up with how some of his teammates carry themselves, namely Suh.

"Yeah, we're loaded," the player said, exhaling after Detroit (4-8) lost its fourth consecutive game and third by four points or less. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great … sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?' "

Anybody in particular?

"Ndamukong [Suh] would be first."

This player went on to say that Suh is "focused for 90 percent of the time." The other 10 percent is the issue, according to this player, who believes that Suh is setting a bad example.

"When stars act like that, everybody else thinks it's OK to act like that," the player said. "It's like with kids. You let one get a little out of control, the other one does the same thing pretty quick. It's human nature."

I don't necessarily think that what this player said is untrue. But going about it like this is not the right way to handle things. All it does is create unnecessary drama for the Lions. The player complained about Suh losing his cool and creating a controversy, but what exactly does this player think he is doing by anonymously bashing a teammate? He's creating an unneeded distraction. If you have something to say, keep it in the locker room and attach your name to it. Dominic Raiola has already summed up my thoughts on hiding behind anonymity, as has Suh.

In general, the Lions are really starting to feel like the New York Jets with all of the distractions and controversies they've dealt with this year. It started in the offseason with the arrests, and it has continued on and off the field during the 2012 season. I hate to say it, but it does seem like Jim Schwartz is starting to lose control of the team. One player obviously doesn't mean the locker room is fracturing, but it is a sign that trouble is brewing. The Lions need to get control of these issues before they turn into a complete circus like this year's Jets.

Reminder: You can follow Pride Of Detroit on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Pride Of Detroit

You must be a member of Pride Of Detroit to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Pride Of Detroit. You should read them.

Join Pride Of Detroit

You must be a member of Pride Of Detroit to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Pride Of Detroit. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker