For the fourth year in a row, Pride of Detroit readers can play the role of general manager by representing a team in the Pride of Detroit Community Mock Draft. The 2012 edition of the POD Community Mock Draft will begin in the next week and will run two rounds. Each pick will receive its own post, and all of you will be able to vote on whether or not you approve of the selections, as well as share your thoughts on them.
For those who haven't been around for past POD Community Mock Drafts, here are the basics on what you need to know:
- Users of the site will be selected to participate and represent each team
- The draft goes for two full rounds
- Picks are submitted via email based on a schedule and are posted separately
- Each pick requires a write-up that is at least a paragraph long and explains the reasoning behind it
To sign up, all you need to do is leave a comment on this post expressing interest in getting involved. In your comment, please list your top three desired teams, as that will help me in deciding which users represent which franchises. Teams will not be assigned on a first come, first serve basis, but rather it will be based on how active you are on the site and how long you've been around. I do this because it allows regulars of the site to get involved. (Please note that the Lions are not one of the teams that are currently available. If DrewsLions wants to be their GM again, the position is his.)
Later in the week, I will have more information on the POD Community Mock Draft, including the schedule of picks, list of general managers and rules for participating. In the meantime, here are three things to keep in mind when signing up:
1. Make sure you read the directions carefully, as I will likely not assign you a team if you can't even read through this post.
2. If you want to be a GM, please be able to write a coherent paragraph or two explaining your picks (i.e. limited spelling and grammatical errors).
3. Be able to stick to the schedule that is posted later in the week, as you will be replaced if picks are late. I will allow people to sign up for the next day or two and will put up a post outlining who is assigned to what team later in the week.