Keshawn Martin #82 of the Michigan State Spartans catches a pass from Kirk Cousins #8.
The Detroit Lions held their local workout for 2012 NFL Draft prospects on Wednesday. What exactly is considered local for a workout like this? According to Tim Twentyman, if a player went to college in the city of Detroit (Wayne State) or went to high school in the city of Detroit, they were eligible to take part in the workout. The same goes for players whose legal guardians live in the city or its suburbs.
Below is a look at 15 of the 17 players who worked out for the Lions on Wednesday (I'm not sure why the other two weren't listed). All of them are from the Detroit area or played at Wayne State.
- RB Edwin Baker (Michigan State)
- RB Jonas Gray (Notre Dame)
- WR Troy Burrell (Wayne State)
- WR Keshawn Martin (Michigan State)
- WR Justin Siller (Purdue)
- TE David Blackburn (Central Michigan)
- TE/LS Danny Enright (Oberlin)
- OT Joe Long (Wayne State)
- OG Cordell Bell (Minnesota State)
- OG DeOn'tae Pannell (Penn State)
- C Ben Bojicic (Bowling Green)
- DE Tyrone Crawford (Boise State)
- CB Chris Greenwood (Albion)
- S Joshua Howard (Ball State)
- S Jeremy Jones (Wayne State)
This workout didn't count against the Lions' 30 pre-draft visits, so it served as a good way to take a look at a large group of prospects at the same time with the NFL Draft nearing.