May 29, 2012; Allen Park, MI, USA; Detroit Lions wide receivers Nate Burleson (13) and Titus Young (16) during organized team activities at Lions training facility. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE
- First, some injury news: Stephen Tulloch was once again absent from practice due to his knee injury. Amari Spievey was also absent from practice with an apparent injury (what exactly is wrong is unclear), and Doug Hogue had his right arm wrapped. DeAndre Levy, who had missed practice last week, was back on Tuesday.
- Paula Pasche reports that Ryan Broyles hauled in a deep pass from Kellen Moore with "no apparent difficulty" during Tuesday's OTA session.
- Riley Reiff got some work at right tackle on Tuesday, as did Corey Hilliard, according to Dave Birkett. Jason Fox worked at left tackle, as did Johnny Culbreath, who had gotten time at right tackle last week.
- Titus Young, who was back after missing last week's OTAs, was in the group of players returning punts, according to Tim Twentyman. Earlier this offseason there was speculation that Young might get a chance to be the team's returner.
- Nate Burleson talked quite a bit about Young and off-field mistakes on Tuesday.
- Louis Delmas left Tuesday's practice early after turning his ankle.
- A Lions player is going to be featured on NFL Network's "Top 100 Players of 2012" on Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET, according to Dave Birkett. The show is counting down spots 50-41, so the thinking is that Matthew Stafford is the guy since it's supposed to be an offensive player not on last year's list.
- The Miami Dolphins have been selected to be the team on Hard Knocks this summer. The new season of the show will debut on Aug. 7 and come to a close on Sept. 4. In all, there will be five total episodes airing on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET.