Detroit Lions general manager Martin Mayhew has been impressed with what Nick Fairley has done this offseason ... on the field, that is.
Mayhew on Fairley "He’s had an outstanding offseason out here on the field, not so good off the field but he’s been outstanding in practice"— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 13, 2012
- In order to address Fairley's off-field issues, the Lions are apparently taking steps to keep him out of further trouble.
- Mayhew expects the Lions to "eventually" win a Super Bowl.
- The Lions' 2012 draft picks sound like they did quite well during this week's minicamp. Among the picks, Tahir Whitehead and Riley Reiff might be the two players receiving the most praise.
- Bill Bentley is another pick who has been turning some heads this offseason.
- Aaron Berry is no longer on Twitter because he says it's not for him. This is probably a good idea given what happened after the Lions' loss to the New Orleans Saints in the playoffs.
- Speaking of the Lions' playoff loss to the Saints, Amari Spievey suffered a concussion during the game and didn't tell anybody. Since then he's been dealing with constant headaches, although they have "recently just slowed down."