Over the last week, we have been counting down the top 10 Lions of 2012, as voted on by readers of the site. The final spot on the list was revealed earlier today, and it was no surprise that Calvin Johnson came in at No. 1. Here's a look back at the full top 10 (click on the names of the players for the individual posts on each spot):
|Top 10 Lions of 2012|
|1.||WR Calvin Johnson (281)||4,370 points|
|2.||QB Matthew Stafford (168)||4,259 points|
|3.||DT Ndamukong Suh (4)||2,981 points|
|4.||LB Stephen Tulloch||2,190 points|
|5.||DE Cliff Avril (1)||2,014 points|
|6.||TE Brandon Pettigrew||1,256 points|
|7.||S Louis Delmas||1,230 points|
|8.||WR Titus Young||1,024 points|
|9.||K Jason Hanson (1)||750 points|
|10.||RB Jahvid Best||747 points|
Some interesting notes about the top 10 are after the jump.
- Five of the players who made the top 10 received a vote for first place.
- Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford accounted for all but eight of the first-place votes. (Two players outside of the top 10 received a vote for first place.)
- Stafford was the only player included on all 457 ballots. Johnson appeared on 456 of the 457 ballots.
- The breakdown of players in the top 10 is as follows: five on offense, four on defense and one on special teams.
- Nine of the 10 players on the list joined the Lions in 2007 or later. Jason Hanson, of course, is the lone player on the list who has been with the Lions since before then.
- Of the 10 players on the list, seven joined the Lions in 2009 or later. Only Hanson, Johnson and Cliff Avril have been with the team since before '09.
In the coming days, we will take a look beyond the top 10 at all of the players who received votes in this series.