May 21, 2012; Allen Park, MI, USA; A general view of the Detroit Lions training facility prior to organized team activities. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE
The Detroit Lions are going to open up a total of 11 practices to the general public during training camp this year. Three more practices will be open to season-ticket holders, and another practice will be open to sponsors, suite holders and those who have club seats.
The first practice open to the general public will be on Tuesday, July 31. The full schedule is after the jump (all times Eastern).
Open to season-ticket holders
- Friday, July 27 (3:15 p.m.)
- Saturday, July 28 (9:15 a.m.)
- Sunday, July 29 (9:15 a.m.)
Open to sponsors, suite holders, owners of club seats
- Monday, July 30 (9:15 a.m.)
Open to general public
- Tuesday, July 31 (9:15 a.m.)
- Thursday, Aug. 2 (9:15 a.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 3 (9:15 a.m.)
- Saturday, Aug. 4 (9:15 a.m.)
- Monday, Aug. 6 (9:15 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 8 (9:15 a.m.)
- Thursday, Aug. 9 (9:15 a.m.)
- Sunday, Aug. 12 (3 p.m.)
- Monday, Aug. 13 (9:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, Aug. 14 (9:15 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 (9:15 a.m.)
If the weather forces the Lions to take practice indoors, the public will not be allowed to attend. In case this happens, the Lions have set aside four days as "rain dates," which are essentially make-up days for open practices.
Rain dates (will only be used if open practices are canceled due to bad weather)
- Sunday, Aug. 19 (3 p.m.)
- Monday, Aug. 20 (9:15 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 (9:15 a.m.)
- Thursday, Aug. 23 (9:15 a.m.)
In addition to these dates, the Lions are going to hold a practice at Ford Field on Sunday, Aug. 5. You have to pay to get in since a concert is being held after the practice. Go here for more details on that.