It seems virtually every NFL team has a bar dedicated to its fans in the Twin Cities... except the Lions.
The Groveland Tap in Saint Paul is going to become a dedicated to a specific team, and it's up for grabs. I talked to the owner, and he told me whichever team draws the most fans in week 1 will win the race. The Tap is an awesome bar (amazing beer list, great bar food, and real good happy hour prices) and Lions fans need a place to call home in the Twin Cities.
Here's why we need to come together and claim the Groveland Tap as a Lion's Den.
1. Lions fans are currently homeless in the Twin Cities.
2. The Tap obviously has the NFL ticket, so it will air every Lions game if we take the place over.
3. The Tap's beer list is awesome.
4. The Tap's food is way better than your average bar.
5. The Tap's happy hour prices are awesome, and the only time of day HH isn't going on is from 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM, which means Lions fans hammer good beer and food for cheap during noon and afternoon games.
Hope to meet tons of Lions fans at The Tap during Week 1. Make sure to wear your Lions gear!