The Detroit Lions continued training camp on Tuesday with a morning practice. Here are notes from the session:
- Nick Fairley was limping during practice after getting banged up. According to Jim Schwartz, it wasn't a foot injury or anything like that, and Fairley did manage to finish the practice.
- Mikel Leshoure, Jonathan Scott, Jeff Backus, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Corey Williams, Sammie Hill, Stephen Tulloch and Louis Delmas missed Tuesday's practice.
- Patrick Edwards, Ryan Broyles and Don Carey returned to practice on Tuesday, as did Calvin Johnson.
- Kellen Moore threw an interception during Tuesday's practice.
Patrick Edwards had a nice catch in his return to the practice field.
Patrick Edwards with a terrific diving catch along sideline. Hit the ground so hard he lost his mouth piece. He's made a couple nice plays— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 14, 2012
Ryan Broyles reportedly looked good in drills on Tuesday.
- Riley Reiff again got reps as the third-team right guard during practice. This is the second day in a row the Lions have given him some work at guard.
Corey Hilliard took the first reps at left tackle on Tuesday with Backus out. Jason Fox also later got reps at left tackle.
- Lawrence Jackson practiced with the first-team defense in place of the absent Kyle Vanden Bosch.
- Nick Fairley stepped in on the first-team defense with Corey Williams out.
- This just sounds like it would be hilarious to see:
- With Stephen Tulloch out, the Lions put Travis Lewis in on the first-team defense for a bit. Ashlee Palmer also got work as the first-team middle linebacker.
Chris Houston made a nice play on Titus Young during Tuesday's practice.
— Anwar Richardson (@AnwarRichardson) August 14, 2012
#Lions CB Chris Houston breaks up pass to Titus Young. Strong read by Houston
- The Lions had Stefan Logan, Titus Young and Ryan Broyles returning punts.