- As mentioned earlier, Mikel Leshoure returned to practice for the first time since the first few days of training camp.
- Leshoure wasn't the only player to return from an injury on Wednesday. The Lions also got Jeff Backus, Corey Williams and Stephen Tulloch back at practice. All three players were out on Tuesday.
- Nick Fairley was seen limping during Tuesday's practice, and on Wednesday, he had tape on his left knee.
- Ryan Broyles was unfortunately once again unable to fully practice on back-to-back days. He did take part in individual drills, but he wasn't a participant in team drills on Wednesday.
- Drew Coleman is out for the time being with a concussion.
- Kyle Vanden Bosch and Jonathan Scott were out again.
- According to Dave Birkett, the Lions rotated Kevin Smith, Keiland Williams, Stefan Logan and Stephfon Green in at running back when they were installing their game plan for Friday's matchup with the Ravens.
- Mikel Leshoure only took part in individual drills on Wednesday.
Leshoure looks ok in drills. He's cutting well, but they're not going top speed.— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 15, 2012
- The Lions' pass offense is really, really good. The pass defense? Not so much.
- Jim Schwartz has been pleased with how Cliff Avril has practiced since returning to the Lions.
Schwartz says he likes DE Cliff Avril's progress since his return: He's not resting on where he was last year.— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 15, 2012
- The Lions' first-team secondary on Wednesday consisted of Chris Houston and Jacob Lacey at cornerback and Erik Coleman and John Wendling at safety. Bill Bentley was the nickelback.
- This may say a lot about Amari Spievey's chances of being a starter again at safety this season:
Also from spec. Teams: Amari Spievey now on kick teams. That pretty much says he's out of starting conversation right now.— Lions RapidReports (@CBSSportsNFLDET) August 15, 2012
- The Lions had Willie Young, Riley Reiff and Will Heller on the kick return unit as blockers.