- The Detroit Lions' captains on Friday night were Brandon Pettigrew, Andre Fluellen and Ricardo Silva. That's a pretty random combination of players.
- Riley Reiff stepped in for Gosder Cherilus at right tackle for one drive when the first-team offense was still in the game. Cherilus returned on the next series, and Reiff later took over at right tackle again when the backups came in.
- Jason Fox played at left tackle for the second-team offense.
- Ryan Broyles made his NFL debut on Friday night and finished with two catches for 26 yards.
- Stefan Logan wasn't the only player who got hurt against the Baltimore Ravens. Travis Lewis left early on with a quad injury, and Nathan Overbay hurt his ankle. When Lewis left the game, Doug Hogue stepped in at right outside linebacker.
- Jim Schwartz doesn't have any interest in commenting on the replacement officials. That's probably a good idea, because there's no sense in risking a fine.
Matthew Stafford is such a nice guy: